The latter is an impoundment held by a masonry dam built around 1911 and therefore does not appear on the 1881 map.
The three major streams are the Missisquoi River which crosses the Township from North to South as it flows towards Lake Champlain, Ruiter Brook which runs into the Missisquoi taking its source in Fullerton Pond and, finally, Mud Creek which flows into the south branch of the Missisquoi.
Men, women and children who were taken prisoner were brought back and integrated into the French colony.
In 1757, Fort William Henry on Lake George was attacked by the Natives and a massacre ensued.
In addition, there are several hamlets on the shores of Lake Memphremagog: Leadville on the southern border, Knowlton’s Landing to the north and Vale Perkins in between.Lake Memphremagog is one of the dominant natural features of the landscape and had a determining role in the history of Potton.In the interior there are two small lakes, Sugar Loaf Pond and Fullerton Pond.At the end of the 17th century the French first gave them lands along the Chaudière River. In 1796, Joslah Elkins from Peacham, Vermont, reported Abenaki campsites in Potton.However, as in many other cases elsewhere in Quebec, they were displaced again. The Abenakis were caught between the warring English and French who were seeking to control territories south of the St. This was the “French and Indian War” as Americans called it, one that was often fought as guerilla warfare and the French used the Abenakis to launch raids against British New England settlements.